Laser Dentistry = Better Dentistry
Advancements in technology allow us to offer Laser Dentistry, which relies on focused beams of light to administer procedures, instead of normal dentist tools.
Many dental patients have some level of anxiety about dental procedures or going to the dentist in general. The thought of a laser cutting through tissue in your mouth may not be a comforting one, but it should be. The benefits of laser dentistry are many and will have you opting for the use of a laser in all your dental treatments.
Why choose the laser?
- A laser eliminates the need to drill into tooth or bone, which means anesthesia may no longer be necessary in the procedure.
- The use of the laser rejuvenates damaged nerves and promotes tissue growth in the mouth, so the need for sutures to close wounds is eliminated.
- Laser dentistry can be faster than normal tools, which means the surgery takes less time and you spend less time at the dentist.
- Less damage is done to the mouth due to the laser’s precision, so there is less of a recovery period after the surgery.
- A laser is much less invasive than traditional dental tools, which means there is much less discomfort during a procedure.
- The loss of blood during surgery is minimal, as the high energy laser promotes blood clotting in any exposed blood vessels.
- The laser decreases the risk of infection after surgery, as it eliminates bacteria in the mouth.
Lasers can be used to reshape gums, whiten teeth, remove excess gum tissue, detect cavities, remove benign tumors, or treat TMD/TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction). Lasers can also be used to treat canker sores, root canal infections, and can aid in the exposure of wisdom teeth.
All patients who undergo a laser dentistry treatment, as with any other surgery or treatment, need to adhere to dentist recommendations and look after their oral hygiene to prevent the risk of infection and promote healing.
Speak to us today to see whether laser dentistry can help you attain your optimum dental health.