At our Bountiful location, we offer care for patients of all ages. We believe family dentistry is essential for instilling good dental habits and improving oral health. What is family dentistry? What treatments do we offer for families looking to improve the health and appearance of their smiles? Try our fun and informative quiz to find out more about family dental care procedures.
Preventive Care Quiz
1. True or False: You need an oral examination once every six months.
2. True or False: Brushing and flossing aren’t enough to remove plaque completely.
3. True or False: We offer tips for preventing gum disease.
4. True or False: A filling can be placed to repair cavities.
1. True. The American Dental Association recommends both adults and children have their teeth examined twice a year. During the checkup, the doctor will look for warning signs of possible dental health issues, including gum disease and tooth decay. We will also educate our patients on proper oral hygiene and offer suggestions for improving smile health.
2. True. Plaque buildup can inflame the gums and increase the risk of developing periodontal disease. Unfortunately, brushing and flossing alone can’t remove this buildup. A professional cleaning allows our team to remove plaque from the teeth completely. In doing so, we brighten your smile and reduce your risk of cavities and gum disease.
3. True. In order to protect your smile from periodontal problems, which can eventually lead to adult tooth loss, we offer tips on preventing gum issues. We can diagnose this oral health problem and recommend possible solutions. If you notice your gums appear red, sore, or bleed easily, then schedule a visit for a diagnosis right away.
4. True. What happens if we do uncover the warning signs of a cavity? In most cases, we will place a dental filling to repair and restore the tooth. We may use amalgam or metal-free composite to place fillings. The type we use will depend on a number of factors. The filling can be placed in a single visit and will return your tooth to full health and appearance.
Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Adrian
Do you have any questions about our approach to family dentistry? Interested in improving both the health and beauty of you and your family’s smiles? Then schedule a visit with Dr. Adrian today. We proudly service the residents of Bountiful and surrounding communities. Call us today at (801) 292-7500.