Teeth stains can dull the appearance of your smile. To obtain a stunning smile free of embarrassing discoloration, you may benefit from dental treatment. Dr. Adrian Vande Merwe provides professional teeth whitening, so you can obtain a smile several shades brighter. Find out how our cosmetic solutions can help you achieve the gorgeous smile you’ve dreamed about.
Find Out How You Can Enjoy a Brighter Smile
1. True or False: A variety of factors can lead to discoloration.
2. True or False: Dr. Adrian offers professional treatments options.
3. True or False: Professional whitening has advantages over store bought systems.
4. True or False: For permanent stains, you may need porcelain veneers.
1. True. The causes of your teeth stains can vary. Smoking, trauma, the use of certain antibiotics (such as tetracycline), and consuming drinks that contain dark pigments can all increase the risk of teeth stains. The type of cosmetic treatment we prescribe will of course depend on the causes and extent of your discoloration.
2. True. We actually provide three forms of teeth whitening. Zoom Whitening is an in-office procedure that uses a powerful bleaching gel, activated with a special light, to erase stains in about an hour. Opalescence Boost is an at-home system in which patients where a gel-filled tray each day for a set amount of time. Patients obtain optimal results in about two weeks. Finally, Opalescence Trèswhite employs prefilled disposable trays and is a more cost-effective alternative to our custom-made Opalescence Boost trays.
3. True. Over-the-counter systems are often less expensive, but don’t offer the same level of results. In addition, the results rarely last as long and patients sometimes report gum irritation and tooth sensitivity. Professional cosmetic systems still offer a wide array of benefits to store bought alternatives.
4. True. Intrinsic stains, or discoloration that occurs beneath the surface, may not respond to traditional brightening techniques. Instead, Dr. Adrian may suggest porcelain veneers. Using custom-made porcelain shells, we mask the appearance of teeth stains. Porcelain veneers can transform the appearance of your smile by instantly masking esthetic imperfections.
<Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Adrian
Do you have any questions about improving the appearance of your teeth? Interested in our unique cosmetic solutions? Then schedule a visit with Dr. Adrian today. We proudly service the residents of Bountiful and surrounding communities.Call us today at (801) 292-7500.